4.5/5 - (77 votes)
Essay writing is an art, which brings out your writing skill. It is an art, through which you pen down your knowledge and perception about the given topic.
Mononomosumi is an ISO certified and record holder and highly acclaimed non commercial Edutech Platform, that brings together technology to the education sector and providing requisite support to students, writers and school administrations. Officially launched in May 2018 with intent to make writing related writing extracurricular activities accessible through technology-driven solutions.
It is a monthly International Essay Contest. With a carefully chosen educational topic given once a month, we encourage participants to develop not only the skills of penning down their thoughts but also creativity, research, and organization skills. We believe in the enrichment of society by empowering young individuals with constructive thinking for creating positive ambience for the overall societal growth.
It has never charged any money from our students who participate in an International essay competition every month. The whole idea of this setup is to be a platform where kids from across the country can share their opinions on different topics. This gives them a sense of global citizenship and where they stand globally in terms of understanding on a particular topic.
The announcement of winners is made in the firstweek of every month. Here is the list of winners of the competitions held in previous months
Essay Theme for the Month of July-September
Participants can submit multiple essays from 1st July 2022 till 25th September 2022. There are many ASSURED prizes (without judgement) to be won apart from the regular prizes. This is a monthly contest, so there will be 3x number of prizes to be announced for three months (July, August and September). The topic will remain same for these three months. The result will be announced on the first week of October. This is exception this time. From October onward, the essay topic will again change every month.
Participants can write an essay on any of the following title (FIXED, title can not be changed)
- How to write an essay fast
- what is Essay Bot
- How to write good Review Essay
- How to write a 5 page essay
- How to write an interpretive essay
- How to write dialogue in an essay
- When revising an informative essay it is important to consider……….(what to be considered)
- Women empowerment essay
- How to get essay editing jobs and how lucrative it is?
- Essay vs Research paper
- The best way to grading an essay
- How to plan an essay writing/contest
- How to write marketing essay/ graphic essay/ technical essay/Opinion essay/informal essay/interpretive essay/photography essay/character essay (one paragraph each for these type of essay)
- Participants should write the essay in easy to understand language with deep research on a selected topic. The essay should be written in the participant’s ownlanguage with interestingfacts.
- How to focus on writing an essay
- How to write creative writing essays
- What is essay proofreading service
- How to write a cover page for an essay
- What are the best font for essays
- How to start an essay agency and providing essay editing jobs
All those participants who submit 10 or more essays (plagiarism free, more than 750 words) in three months on the above topic will get one medal and one badge, irrespective of whether he/she is the winner or not. If he or she is judged First/second/third or sponsored prize winner, he/she will get respective prize as well.
All those participants who submit 7 or more essays (plagiarism free, 750 words) in three months on the above topic will get medal , irrespective of whether he/she is the winner or not. If he or she is judged First/second/third or sponsored prize winner, he/she will get three prize also.
All those participants who submit 5 or more essays (plagiarism free, 750 words) in three months on the above topic will get badge, irrespective of whether he/she is the winner or not. If he or she is judged First/second/third or sponsored prize winner, he/she will get respective prize also.
* We shall bear the with postage charges for Indian participants. The international winners will receive e-medal/badge. he have o bear he postage charges (at actual) if he wish o get physical prizes.
Participants should write in their own language without copying from google. The participantsshould present their essay in a convincing way so that the essay does not look like a mundane article created by easily available data from the internet.The essay should be more than 800 words preferably.
Essay Submission Method
Submit your essay online through this link
Last date of Submission: 25th of September 2022
Result announcement: First week of October 2022
Result announcement: Through this link
All the essays will be judged on the basis of your logic, literature survey, writing style, innovation, structure, etc. Participants should write point wise with proper logic. We appreciate simple ideas but always discourage copied content even though it looks attractive. We will not judge copied essays and it will be rejected during the screening process only and no certificate will be issued.The essay should bring out all the details about a particular topic. Participants should do a lot of research before writing the essay. This will definitely enhance the knowledge of the participants in the specific field. Participants are free to create their own structure by providing all the information about the topic without copying from the internet. Take the help of google to understand the topic and for enhancing knowledge, but DO NOT SIMPLY COPY JUST FROM THE INTERNET.
Only communication is through email. Considering large numbers of participation, we can not take up calls regarding your queries related to essay submission. Please read the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS by CLICKING HERE
If still any doubt exists, please feel free to contact us only through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Have patience after posting your queries. Your queries will be answered by one of our team members at the earliest.
Language : English/Hindi/Bengali Nationality : Any Categories : Two ( Junior & Senior Category) (a) Below 14 years old* (Junior Category) * DOB is must (b) Above 14 years old (Senior Category). There is no upper age limit Registration: No registration required. No fee is required. submission through only Essay Submission module (click on it)
- The essay should be MINIMUM 750 WORDS for senior category and 500 words for junior category. There is no maximum word count.
- The submitted essay should be plagiarism free/no copy from internet/unique writing. Please check your essay in this linkplagiarism checking tool before sending to us and submit the screenshot of the plagiarism report. Plagiarized essay will not be accepted for the contest. This is to encourage participants to write their own essay. We highly discourage copying. SO NO CERTIFICATE FOR COPIED ESSAYS.
- Age proof is must only for junior category participants. Name of school, school website or email is not mandatory but you are encouraged to provide email address of principal/administration. Our team will inform the school authorities about the result if the participant is judged winner or did outstanding in the contest.
- You should write your name, age, city, phone number, email, photo (optional) in your entry in the very beginning before you start writing essay.
- You can participate every month.
- Participants are encouraged to write in such a way to avoid writing “I” or personal experiences unless the topic is such that you are compelled to write your experience.
- If any participants wish to send pictures, they should attach the images separately as jpg. Sending pictures is not mandatory.
- The decision of Jury member is the FINAL and no queries related to result will be entertained
- Deadline for submission is 25th September
- For those participants, who (only those) does not have access of computer/laptop, they can EMAIL (email@example.com) hand written essays following all the rules mentioned above. Hand written essays will not be published, but will be eligible for contest. They are equally eligible but the essay will not be published. So, if you do not have computer or laptop, you can just type in mobile in part wise. Hand written essay should be considered as the LAST OPTION.
- Selected essays will be published in the website with the name, photo and bio of the participants without the need of prior permission. Sending your essay to us itself gives us the authority to publish it from our side anywhere, online or in digital magazines. However, participant can tell in the very beginning that they are not interested in publishing the article anywhere.
Declaration of Result
The result is declared in the first week of every month through this link and the certificates can be downloaded using this link https://weavermag.com/essay-contest/public/result instantly after announcement of the result. The certificates will be issued to only the eligible candidates. To see the previous winners, click here
Prizes and Rewards
- The essays will be grouped as First, Second, Third, Editor’s Choice essay, Outstanding, Praiseworthy, Worthy, not worth mentioning according to the marks given by the judges to each of the essays. Only selected essays among these will be published in the website and the respective links will be conveyed to the participants through mail.
- Note:There are four types of physical prizes in the form of Trophies,medal, “Italy Travel Box” and 101 Robotic kit, 4 Books sponsored by inkyourthought. Other eligible participants would receive prizes in the form of gift coupons/ebooks.
- All the other eligible participants will get the “Certificate of Participation” as a token of appreciation and they will be getting 50% discount if they wish to buy any of our published book or our customized pen shown in this link . Selling is not our business. Please do not make an impression that we are here to sell and making income from the participants.
- The certificate can be used by the students as an accolade under “Extra Curricular Activity”.
- A few selected articles will be included in theDigital Magazine: “Weavers”andUpcoming Books.
- After successful publication of 16 or more essays/poem/stories etc. in www.monomousumi.com, a special dedicated digital book will be published for that participants FREE of cost.
- Those participant’s whose articles are published in the website will have one more opportunity to win physical prizes (Cash/personalized Pen/medal/book etc.) if there article find popularity among the readers/viewers of the website. Here are the guidelines:
- The participant will have opportunity to winother prizesafter three months, if article is published in the website.
- Cash Prize:1000 INR,if the actual unique visits are above 10000 visits
- Cash Prize:500 INR, if the actual visits are between 5000-10000
- Personalized Pen/Medal/Book/Novel (costing about 300-400 INR):any of these prize as per the winner’s choice whose article has visits between 2000-5000. The representative images of the pen, book/novel are shown in this link.
- There will not be any result announcement separately.
- The participants can mail us that they have received an excellent reviews from the readers/viewers after three month of publishing the essay. After examining from our side, the eligible participants will be rewarded above mentioned prizes.
Write and Win:Participate inCreative writing Contestand win fabulous prizes.
For Interested Sponsors
Those corporate houses who wish to sponsor this International Essay Competition may contact us. We can accept Physical Prizes, Cash prizes, Gift Coupons, or anything you wish to give away as the prize to the winners. Monomousumi does not seek any benefits. The corporate houses will be suitably acknowledged by advertising their brands.
Essay writing help
In case you need fast help with writing your essays for cheap, don’t hesitate to pay essay writers fromhttps://cheapwritinghelp.comservice who will write your paper starting at $9/page only.
Is there any essay writing competition? ›
The online essay writing competition is open to all persons who are currently enrolled in a course of study at any institution recognized by any University in India. 2. The participant should not be more than 25 years old as on 15.08.How do you conduct an online essay competition? ›
- Determine the basic guidelines of the essay contest. ...
- Seek out some help in organizing the essay contest. ...
- Come up with a judge's panel. ...
- Decide on the prizes you'll be giving. ...
- Advertise and promote the essay contest ahead of time.
It is an AI-powered site that helps students with writing academic papers. We've gathered all the information about its services and their quality, as well as prices, deadlines, and customer EssayBot reviews.What Is life International essay competition? ›
This annual essay contest is organized in an effort to harness the energy, creativity and initiative of the world's youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable development. It also aims to inspire society to learn from the young minds and to think about how each of us can make a difference in the world.What are the rules of essay writing? ›
- Here are the seven essay writing rules:
- Write in complete sentences. ...
- Write in third person. ...
- Do not abbreviate. ...
- Do not use slang, such as kids. ...
- Do not use contractions. ...
- Do not use figures of speech. ...
- Do not over-use the same words or phrases.
- Firstly, secondly, thirdly. ...
- In view of; in light of; considering. ...
- According to X; X stated that; referring to the views of X. ...
- Moreover; furthermore; in addition; what's more. ...
- In order to; to that end; to this end.
- Analyse the question.
- Define your argument.
- Use evidence, reasoning and scholarship.
- Organise a coherent essay.
- Write clearly.
- Cite sources and evidence.
Titles should be descriptive and provocative. Effective essay titles should reflect the purpose and tone of your essay. For example, if you are writing about a serious topic such as assisted suicide, you would not want your title to be humorous. It is often a good idea to write your title later in the writing process.What is the most common essay topic? ›
- homeless people.
- crime on the streets.
- modern life styles.
- budget spending.
- public services.
Here are some ideas for particular topics:
- Why is World Book Day important (which could involve some research)?
- Could we live without books?
- A creative book review.
- A short story told in the first person.
- A fantasy story.
- A poem.
- A Haiku.
Can someone write me an essay for free? ›
You need to pay for the efforts that professional writers put in to make your essay flawless. The websites that offer first free orders are legal but the ones that claim to provide free essays and papers are scams and frauds. As you know nothing of quality comes free of cost.Does Essaybot cost money? ›
It doesn't cost much, and you can pay $2.49 for a week-long trial or $9.95 per month.Does chegg have essays? ›
Submit your paper for a Chegg Writing essay check, or for an Expert Check proofreading.What to avoid in writing an essay? ›
- Fail to address the question's topic in your introduction. ...
- Stray from the focus of the question (especially in the conclusion) ...
- Insert quotes without introducing them or relating them back to the topic. ...
- Fail to provide references. ...
- Use informal language, colloquialisms, or overuse rhetorical questions.
Your essay introduction should include three main things, in this order: An opening hook to catch the reader's attention. Relevant background information that the reader needs to know. A thesis statement that presents your main point or argument.How many paragraphs is an essay? ›
No rule says an essay needs to have a certain number of paragraphs, but an essay must be at least three paragraphs. Many people say an essay should be five paragraphs, but it's an extremely limiting rule, and unless you've been instructed to write a five-paragraph essay, there's no reason to stick to it.How can I impress my essay? ›
- Be creative. Creativity is an important part of writing. ...
- Add emotion. ...
- Use proper punctuations. ...
- Include photographs, charts, and other illustrations. ...
- Use an analogy. ...
- Proofread it. ...
- Consider your central theme. Before you get started constructing a sentence, consider what your essential point is. ...
- Examine the previous sentence. ...
- Use transition words. ...
- Use a preposition. ...
- Try a subject opener. ...
- Try a clausal opener. ...
- Use an “ing” word. ...
- Use an “ed” word.
- Body. First Point. Second Point. Third Point.
In this case, if you need to write a five-paragraph essay, you only need 25-40 sentences. Almost any text you write that is longer than a few sentences should be divided into paragraphs. But there is no general rule of thumb to follow as paragraphs can be as long as a sentence or more than five sentences.
How do you write 10 marks in an essay? ›
How to Write an Essay: 4 Minute Step-by-step Guide | ScribbrWhat is the best topic for students? ›
- Importance of teacher in your life.
- SAT scores for college application.
- Student bullies should be expelled.
- Consequences of cheating in exams.
- Homeschooling is better than normal schooling.
- Importance of value education.
- Importance of sports and physical exercises.
- Schools vs colleges.
|Type of essay||Average word count range|
|High school essay||300–1000 words|
|College admission essay||200–650 words|
|Undergraduate college essay||1500–5000 words|
|Graduate school admission essay||500–1000 words|
While good essay titles usually take the form of a phrase, they can also be in the form of a question. However, when an essay title is in the form of a question, make sure that the question is relevant to the essay's contents.What are the types of essay? ›
There are many different types of essay, but they are often defined in four categories: argumentative, expository, narrative, and descriptive essays.Do IELTS essays repeat? ›
Does the IELTS Essay Question Repeat in the IELTS Exam? Students often wonder whether the essay questions are repeated or not. The answer is No. The essay questions never repeat, but the topic might.Which type of essay is mostly asked in IELTS? ›
In the case of discussion essays, the candidates need to put forward an explanation for or against any given topic. Such essays are the most common to appear in IELTS exam.What are writing contests? ›
Writing contests are events where writers submit their work for review, usually in the hopes of winning a prize.How do you write an essay format? ›
A basic essay consists of three main parts: introduction, body, and conclusion. This basic essay format will help you to write and organize an essay. However, flexibility is important. While keeping this basic essay format in mind, let the topic and specific assignment guide the writing and organization.How do I start my introduction? ›
- Start with a quotation.
- Open with a relevant stat or fun fact.
- Start with a fascinating story.
- Ask your readers an intriguing question.
- Set the scene.
How many paragraphs is an essay? ›
No rule says an essay needs to have a certain number of paragraphs, but an essay must be at least three paragraphs. Many people say an essay should be five paragraphs, but it's an extremely limiting rule, and unless you've been instructed to write a five-paragraph essay, there's no reason to stick to it.What are the 5 parts of a essay? ›
- Body. First Point. Second Point. Third Point.
- SiWC Writing Contest. Prize: ...
- Great American Fiction Contest. Prize: ...
- WOW / Women On Writing Quarterly Flash Fiction Competition. Prize: ...
- Bristol Short Story Prize. Prize: ...
- Aesthetica Creative Writing Award. ...
- University of New Orleans Press Lab Prize. ...
- The Bath Novel Award. ...
- Dzanc Books Prize for Fiction.
How to apply for the London Writers Awards: There are three options to apply to the London Writers Awards 2022: Online Application Form via Submittable. Online Application Form for Audio or Video Submissions via Submittable.Are online writing contests legit? ›
Contests are especially good for short form writing: short stories, creative essays, and poems. Short form contests do have their share of scammers, like the venerable poetry anthology scam, but a good percentage of short form contests are likely to be legit.How do you start an introduction for an essay? ›
Your essay introduction should include three main things, in this order: An opening hook to catch the reader's attention. Relevant background information that the reader needs to know. A thesis statement that presents your main point or argument.What is the three main parts of an essay? ›
The main parts (or sections) to an essay are the intro, body, and conclusion. In a standard short essay, five paragraphs can provide the reader with enough information in a short amount of space.Does an essay need a title? ›
An essay title is important because it accomplishes a few things: Tells readers what the essay is about. Catches potential readers' attention. Helps researchers sort essays and find the ones most relevant to their work.